* 1 batch white bread dough
* 6 tbsp good-quality tomato sauce
* 3 wafer-thin ham slices, torn
* 100g ball mozzarella , grated
* handful basil leaf
* 1 egg , beaten
Preparation and cooking times
Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins, plus rising
- Make the dough, leave to rise and knock back as stated. Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough out to a rough rectangle about 40 x 25cm. Spread the sauce over the dough, leaving a small border, and scatter over the ham, mozzarella and basil. Tuck the short sides in and roll up the long side like a Swiss roll. Lift onto a tray, seal-side down, and brush with the egg. Bake for 30 mins until puffed up and golden – don't worry if there are a few cracks. Leave to cool slightly, then serve sliced on a board.
IN A BREAD MACHINE...
Use the bread machine to make the dough and then continue as stated.
367 kcalories, protein 15g, carbohydrate 66g, fat 6 g, saturated fat 3g, fibre 0g, sugar 2g, salt 1.32 g
Recipe from Good Food magazine, Recipe by